Sunday, July 21, 2013

my love of sentence fragments as a medium

After I was introduced to the idea of freewriting, it helped my not get stuck staring at a blank page. But, I felt like it just shifted the difficulties to new places.  One place was needing to work with the sentence fragments that I had generated and to figure out how to write the same ideas using complete sentences. Too bad sentence fragments aren't a valid medium was what I would bemoan.  That would make my life so much easier.  I've recently discovered that using "..." in my emails makes things much easier for me.  I get myself in lots of trouble with emails, so this was a great discovery for me.  "..." helps me in many ways with my emails...one of which is that emailing is now a place where my love of sentence fragments makes things easier for me to do what I want to do...which is to get me to hit the Send button more often...  I suspect that this will be true of blogging as well as emailing...and that I'll get to hit the Publish button more often as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment