Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Meditating on movement

Meditating on the breath isn't something I do very well yet.  My mind wanders off a lot.  Perhaps practicing meditating in different modes will make it easier to wander off less when I meditate on the breath.

Meditating on movement is something I've had better luck with.  The practice of Authentic Movement has helped me make meditation a regular part of my life.  I meditate while I'm moving, and I also meditate while I witness the movement of others during Authentic Movement sessions.

Meditating on the physical sensations of pen on paper is something I discovered while freewriting one day.  Instead of writing, I found myself making a pattern, which I did over and over until I filled the page with it.  I've tried this "keeping my pen moving" meditation a few times, and I find that I'm able to stay with the sensations quite easily.  So, this is another version of meditating on movement that I've also had better luck with.  I'm going to see if I also have better luck with making it a regular part of my life (without the benefit of it being a scheduled activity that I do with others) and if it makes it any easier to wander off less when I meditate on the breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment